Whatever the reason may be for teeth extractions, the success of the treatment depends on your ability to perform the right aftercare. If you don’t have any idea about the proper way to deal with the healing process, we at RA Dental Studio Alpharetta listed down the essential tips. But first, we will give you a quick overview of the things to expect if you undergo a tooth removal procedure in our dental clinic.
RA Dental Studio Alpharetta is your trusted dental care services provider. We have a wide array of offerings like cosmetic, restorative, and general dentistry. Our goal is to help patients keep their oral health in good shape. But as much as we want to preserve the natural teeth, there are instances that an extraction must be done in order to eliminate the severely damaged tooth.
If you’re coming to our office to have a tooth or two pulled out, you are sure to have a safe, comfortable, and hassle-free procedure as our dentist is skilled in this particular service. After the treatment, you might want to replace your missing tooth. Here at RA Dental Studio Alpharetta, you can take advantage of our dental implants, bridges, and dentures to restore your smile.
Do these after the treatment!
Here are the things that you need to observe following the teeth extractions procedure:
- If swelling takes place, get an ice pack or cold towel and put it in the swollen area (usually on the side of the cheeks).
- Consume foods that are easy to chew for the first 24-48 hours, and remember munching them on the untreated side of your mouth.
- A saltwater mouth rinse is helpful when it comes to keeping infections at bay. Gargle with the solution 24 hours after the treatment.
Don’t do these!
Below are the things to avoid to heal fast and smoothly:
- Stop smoking tobacco a day after the extraction as doing so can lead to painful inflammation, disrupt the healing process, and aggravate bleeding.
- Same with smoking, never indulge in alcoholic beverages 24 hours following the procedure as alcohol can encourage infection.
- Don’t allow yourself to engage in strenuous physical activities to prevent blood clot interruptions.
For more information about Teeth Extractions in Alpharetta, GA, be sure to contact RA Dental Studio Alpharetta today. Our entire team looks forward to meeting you in person and helping you achieve the best possible dental health results.