Dental implants are screw-like dental devices surgically placed on the patient’s jawbone. Depending on their bone condition and needs, it can be strategically installed to ensure its stability. It serves as the replacement for the missing teeth and roots to hold dental prostheses such as dental crowns, bridges, and dentures in place for a complete dental restoration.
The popularity of the procedure is steadily increasing that according to the American Academy of Implant Dentistry there are 3 million people in the U.S who have dental implants. The number is growing by 500,000 every year which makes it the most sought-after procedure for teeth restoration.
At RA Dental Studio Alpharetta, we understand the hassles of missing teeth that is why we offer a highly durable, stable, and comfortable solution in the form of Dental Implants.
The primary function of the dental implant procedure is to restore the missing teeth to improve the patient’s appearance and health while improving their chewing for better digestion. Compared to the conventional treatments offered, dental implants provide a more durable, comfortable, permanent, and stable teeth restoration that is highly favorable to many.
Proper Care Tips for Dental Implants
- Implant posts and dental prostheses may be artificial appliances which make it resistant to tooth decay, but it still requires proper dental hygiene and care. Use soft-bristled toothbrush when brushing to keep the implants, teeth, and oral structures healthy for its longevity.
- Avoid using abrasive toothpaste since it can harm the surface of the dental prosthesis which may change its appearance. Whitening toothpaste is also not an option since it would not work to restored teeth. It will instead whiten the remaining teeth alone, making the dental prosthesis stand out.
- Avoid using the teeth as tools when opening plastic packets or bottles to prevent the prosthesis from chipping or breaking.
- It is best to use fluoride toothpaste since it acts as a barrier against decay-causing bacterias that can result in cavities if left untreated. It ensures the health of the surrounding teeth and the oral structures that support dental implants.
- Flossing regularly is recommended to keep all the areas of the mouth clean including the area near the gumline to remove the buildup of harmful substances like plaque, tartar, and bacterias.
- Schedule regular dental checkups and cleaning for the maintenance of the overall dental condition without allowing any complications to develop. It is not only beneficial for the health of the teeth but for the dental implants as well since dentists can keep track of its stability.
Restore the teeth with dental implants and enjoy natural-looking, durable, stable, and comfortable teeth restoration for better overall health and wellness.
Aiming to restore your teeth as natural as it was before? Contact us to know more about Dental Implants in Alpharetta, GA and to schedule your appointment with RA Dental Studio Alpharetta.