At RA Dental Studio in Alpharetta, GA, we take your oral health seriously. That’s why we offer comprehensive oral cancer screening services, which can ensure that your smile remains beautiful and healthy for the rest of your life.
Oral cancer can take many shapes and forms, including cancers of the lips, tongues, cheeks, and throat. Oral cancer symptoms can include the following:
- The development of white and red splotches in the mouth
- Consistent and unexplained bleeding in the mouth
- Numbness or loss of feeling
- Bleeding/words that don’t heal after two weeks
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing
- A change in the development of your teeth, tongue, or jaw
- Dramatic and sudden weight loss
- Chronic sore throat
- Consistent sores in the mouth, face, or neck
If you’ve noticed any or all of the following symptoms, it’s important to contact Dr. Roya Akbar, DMD, at RA Dental Studio right away. Dr. Akbar specializes in oral cancer screenings, which can help identify the causes of these symptoms. What’s more, Dr. Akbar can help ensure that oral cancer is caught early, which greatly increases survival rates to 81%.
What’s Your Oral Cancer Risk?
Even if you haven’t encountered any of the above symptoms, you might be at risk for developing oral cancer. If you have any history of the following, it’s important to make an appointment at RA Dental Studio right away:
- You’re a smoker (even “social” smokers are at risk for developing oral cancer)
- You use chewing tobacco and other smokeless products
- You excessively consume alcohol
- You have a family history of cancer
- You have been excessively exposed to the sun
Contact RA Dental Studio in Alpharetta Today
To experience the top-quality care and professionalism that has become synonymous with RA Dental Studio, or to learn more about the dental services offered, contact RA Dental Studio at our Alpharetta office (770) 575-8670 and schedule an appointment today.